[INSERTED BLOCK][INSERTED BLOCK][INSERTED BLOCK]

TEST STRING

Monday, March 23, 2009

Marvellous mail!

Good grief, two posts in one day!  Whatever next?  Well, yes I know I already blogged today, but I received not one, but two parcels in the post since then, and just couldn't wait til tomorrow to share them with you - you know how excited I get about nice things in the post!


First was this gorgeous parcel of fabric that I ordered from Z&S.  I had secretly told myself that I wouldn't place any more overseas orders until the exchange rates improved, but when I saw that they had the new Prints Charming fabrics in stock, coupled with 15% off, I just couldn't resist!


230309 001 


The pale turquoise fabric on top isn't Prints Charming - it's by Clothworks but don't ask me what it's called! - but is very lovely nonetheless.  I think I might make another buttercup bag with it.  I now have quite a collection of Prints Charming fabrics, certainly enough to make a quilt with!  Perhaps I will, eventually, I'm not sure yet.  For now I'm happy just looking at it all!!


Anyway, shortly after that there was a knock at the door and there was the parcelforce man with another package for me! 


230309 002 


This enormous box was from Lissy Lou, my heart swap partner.  Eventually, after much rummaging, I pulled out this little lot!


230309 004 


Ooh, how exciting!  I very quickly ripped everything open and this is what was inside:


230309 005 


Some stickers, a set of heart cookie cutters, some pink jelly beans, chocolate hearts, loveheart sweets, some gift tags, some mini pegs with red hearts on and a very sweet fabric heart decoration.  The chocolates and lovehearts made me laugh as I had sent the very same to Lissy Lou!  Thank you Lissy Lou, this has been a great swap.   This is what I made for her:


DSCF1065 


a soft fabric basket,


DSCF1064 


a beaded felt heart decoration,


DSCF1067 


and a fabric/felty brooch.  I also sent some stickers, cupcake cases, clips and the sweets, but stupidly forgot to photograph all that until it was all nicely wrapped up!  Never mind, I think she liked it all! 


Many thanks also to Catherine of Mollycupcakes for organising the swap.


R x

No comments:

Post a Comment